XYplorer is an Advanced File System Explorer targeting everybody who is looking for a real alternative to Windows Explorer. It has the following features: Created Date, Last Accessed Date, and Attributes are shown right in the file list. Extended file finds supporting NT-only features, and including binary string search.
- Instant preview of image (incl. PNG, JPEG, GIF, TIFF, ICO, and many more), audio, and video files (displaying detailed media information).
- Thumbnails of image files are shown right in the file list, introducing the unique “Mouse Down Blow Up” functionality.
- Instant preview of installing and uninstalled TrueType and Type-1 font files (displaying detailed font information).
- You have a Visual Filter for the file list. Control what you see by stating simple wildcard patterns like *.txt. The Visual Filter is per-tab and, as virtually all XYplorer settings, saved between sessions.
- File Info Tips and MP3 Info Tips: extensive file information (depending on the file type and individual file up to 35 fields!) pops up when you move the mouse over a file’s icon.
- Special MP3 service: instant ID3v1.1-tag view and edit, plus automatic filename to ID3v1.1-tag routine.
- Instant file view (ASCII and HEX) for all files, including text extraction from binaries (BTW: the fastest on the market).
- Generates various sorts of file system reports (to clipboard, file, and printer — we’re talking about one-click directory print-outs here).
- Export extended file information of whole directories (or even directory trees) to CSV-formatted files.