VMware InstallBuilder is a development tool for building cross-platform installers for desktop and server software. With InstallBuilder, you can quickly create dynamic, professional installers from a single project file and build an environment. In addition to installers, InstallBuilder will generate RPM and Debian packages and multiplatform CDs/DVDs. Automatic update functionality makes it easy to deliver updates directly to users once they have your software installed.
- Powerful UI for Installer Development: Develop installers using the intuitive GUI or by editing XML-based installer project files. Built-in actions automate adding commonly required functionality to installers. Make platform-specific customizations while maintaining one project file for all platforms.
- Installers for Any Desktop or Server Environment: Create installers for Linux, Windows, Mac OS X, Solaris, HP-UX, AIX, IRIX, FreeBSD, and more. Generate RPMs, Debian packages, and multi-platform DVDs or CD-ROMs. Installers run in GUI, text, and unattended modes.
- Dynamic Parameter Support: Enhanced parameter support makes it possible to create dynamic pages that will be automatically reconfigured based on the user’s input. This allows you to create a more customized and streamlined installation experience for users.
- Enhanced Component Functionality
InstallBuilder provides support for downloadable components and component groups, including support for subcomponents. Downloadable components will be downloaded at runtime only if the user chooses to install them, reducing the size of installer downloads.
- Expanded Documentation: Over 350 pages of documentation are now available for InstallBuilder. The documentation not only explains every feature of InstallBuilder but also provides sample code for a wide variety of installer functions, such as bundling a Java runtime, detecting pre-requisites on the system, offering basic and advanced installation modes, and more.
macOS 10.12 or later