VMware Fusion gives Mac users the power to run Windows on Mac along with hundreds of other operating systems side by side with Mac applications, without rebooting. VMware Fusion Pro is simple enough for home users and powerful enough for IT professionals, developers, and businesses.
- Support has been added for the following operating systems as a guest.
- Ubuntu 18.10
- Fedora 29
- RHEL 7.6
- This release contains bug fixes and security updates.
- Run Nearly Any Operating System on a Mac: Running Windows on Mac is only the beginning. VMware Fusion lets you choose from hundreds of supported operating systems, from lesser-known Linux distributions to the latest Windows 10 release, to run side by side with the latest macOS release.
- Connect to VMware vSphereL Securely connect with vSphere, ESXi, and Workstation servers to launch, control, and manage both virtual machines (VMs) and physical hosts. Thanks to the common platform, VMs can be easily transferred from the vSphere data center to the Mac desktop and then run in Fusion.
- Develop and Test for Any Platform: Fusion makes it simple to test nearly any OS and app on a Mac. Build and test apps in a sandbox while securely sharing local source files and folders. Fusion Pro now includes a RESTful API to integrate with modern development tools like Docker, Vagrant, Ansible, Chef, and others to fit the power of VMware Fusion Pro into today’s Agile and DevOps-oriented production pipelines.
- Design and Demo Complex Solutions: With the ability to run an entire virtual cloud stack on a single Mac, solution architects can demonstrate their entire software solution in real-time, with safe rollback points to return to known configurations. Fully express the story of your software journey by running all of its components on a single notebook to show the world.
- Run Local Corporate Desktops: Isolate corporate desktops from BYO devices by disabling copy-and-paste, drag-and-drop, shared folders, and access to USB devices. Run restricted VMs that are encrypted and password-protected, ensuring that only authorized users can interact with corporate data.
- Make Windows Feel at Home on Mac: Fusion blends your Windows experience seamlessly with the Mac you love. You have the flexibility to keep the two worlds securely apart or integrate them for one seamless experience. Install a fresh OS like Windows 10 or easily convert an older PC into a virtual one.
- Any 64-bit capable Intel® Mac® (Compatible with Core 2 Duo, Xeon, i3, i5, i7 processors or better)
- Minimum 4GB of RAM
- 750MB free disk space for VMware Fusion and at least 5GB for each virtual machine
- Mac OS X 10.9.0 or later
- Operating system installation media (disk or disk image) for virtual machines
- Recommended graphics hardware for Windows DirectX 10 or OpenGL 3.3 includes NVIDIA 8600M or better and ATI 2600 or better