While there are a lot of applications or web services that can help you download videos from YouTube, many have trouble extracting high-definition clips over 720p in resolution. Ummy Video Downloader does not suffer from this limitation, as it allows you to save any YouTube clip on your Mac of resolutions up to 4320p, as well as rip audio tracks and save them as MP3 files.
- Using Ummy Video Downloader could not be easier, as you simply need to copy a clip’s YouTube link and bring up the application’s main window. It automatically extracts the URL from the clipboard, so that all you have to do is press the download button.
- You can then get on with your other tasks, as the app displays a notification when the download has been completed.
- Also, only one video can be downloaded at a time, and the application cannot process the entire playlists.
- It is possible to extract audio tracks from YouTube videos so that you can save your favorite songs as MP3 files.
- You can view the video’s thumbnail to ensure you are not downloading the wrong clip, although it would be nice if you could disable this function, so as to minimize the app’s screen space usage. Also, the only way to clear the downloaded items list is to restart the application.
- We get the impression that Ummy Video Downloader would function much better as a menu bar app, as it would always be within reach without getting in your way.
- All in all, though, this is a useful tool that can help you download high-definition YouTube videos or convert them to MP3 audio files in just a few simple steps.