PowerPhotos allows you to break up your Photos. app images among multiple Photos libraries, rather than having to store all of them in PowerPhotos one giant library. You can easily switch between libraries, or just browse the photos in your libraries directly from PowerPhotos, without having to open each library in Photos.
- Smart albums with a “Photo is referenced” rule now display the correct photos
- Improved drawing performance in grid view for certain libraries with manually rotated photos
- Canceling a long operation while loading a library’s data now stops the operation much more quickly
- Added a “Quick Tour” window demonstrating features on the first launch
- Create and manage multiple libraries: The main window instead of being limited to putting all your photos in a single library, PowerPhotos can work with multiple Photos libraries, giving you many more options for how to organize your ever-growing photo collection.
- Copy photos and their metadata: In the main window you can split your library by copying albums and photos with a simple drag and drop. PowerPhotos will take care of copying the photos and retaining their metadata, including keywords, descriptions, titles, dates, and favorite status.
- Merge Photos libraries: The main window got a whole bunch of libraries you want to consolidate into one? PowerPhotos lets you merge your libraries together while weeding out duplicate photos in the process. You will be shown a preview of what your merged library will look like before any modifications are done, to ensure your merged library looks how you want.
- Find duplicate photos: The main window’s easy to have multiple copies of the same photo creep into your photo collection over time. Use PowerPhotos to find duplicate photos in one or more libraries, view them side by side, and separate them into albums where you can easily delete them from your library.
- Migrate your iPhoto/Aperture libraries: In the main window you have a lot of existing iPhoto or Aperture libraries that you want to migrate over to Photos, PowerPhotos will help automate your migrations so you don’t have to spend time babysitting this lengthy process.