Mountain Duck lets you mount server and cloud storage as a disk on your desktop. Open remote files with any application and work on a local volume without synchronizing files. Based on the solid open-source foundation of Cyberduck, all major protocols are supported to connect to just about any server you want, including FTP, SFTP, WebDAV, Azure Cloud Storage, Amazon S3, Google Cloud Storage, Google Drive, Dropbox, Backblaze B2 & OpenStack Swift.
- Bugfix Favourite item in Finder sidebar not removed when quitting the application (macOS)
- Bugfix Crash when selecting alternate disk letter for the bookmark (Windows)
- Bugfix Sporadic missing read-only mode when opening Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, or Microsoft Powerpoint file currently edited by another user in pseudo locking mode (macOS)
- Mount remote storage servers as standard Finder volumes, for easy browsing and file transfers. Mountain Duck is especially useful if you need to manage multiple servers or cloud storage services at once, as switching between several interfaces can become confusing and hinder your workflow.
- Once you have added them as bookmarks in Mountain Duck, however, they can be accessed just like any other local volume, so that Finder can be used whenever you want to browse their contents or copy files.
- A useful tool that supports numerous popular file transfer protocols. Mountain Duck does not limit you to a single connection, as you can add as many servers or cloud storage accounts as you wish. It supports FTP, SFTP, WebDav, Amazon S3, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and OpenStack Swift.
- Configuring each bookmark is not at all difficult, provided you know the server address and the required username and password.
- Unobtrusive menu bar app that is always close by when you need it. Your bookmarks can be configured and accessed from Mountain Duck’s menu bar icon whenever you want to disconnect from a server, open its volume in Finder or remove it altogether.
- Moreover, the app displays a detailed history of all past connections and allows you to enable or disable Bonjour notifications.
- All in all, Mountain Duck is a handy utility that could prove to be invaluable for users who commonly manage multiple remote storage servers, as it enables you to mount them as local volumes and browse their contents or transfer files using Finder.