UltraCompare is loaded with features to enable you to easily compare, track and merge differences between text files and folders. Even better, UltraCompare integrates with UltraEdit and UEStudio to provide a seamless unified text editing and file management solution. The power of UltraEdit and UltraCompare together is unrivaled!
- Improved startup speed and performance
- Various optimizations to startup routines
- Startup speed reduced by up to 50%
- Compare 2 or 3 files at a time: UltraCompare’s power is unparalleled with the ability to compare up to 3 files or folders at once! Track changes, merge differences, and more with UltraCompare’s intuitive interface. You can open a new 2-way or 3-way compare session from the Session -> New Session sub-menu.
- Merge differences: UltraCompare’s powerful merge options allow you to merge selected content before or after the current block, accept all/merge all changes, and perform single-line-only merges. Folder compare gives you the ability to merge (copy) different and missing files between your compared folders all at once or on a file-by-file basis.
- Filter compare view to show just matches or differences: Use the interactive Legends and Filters dialog to quickly filter your compare to show only differences, matches, etc. This dockable pane, available for text and folder comparison, also provides a quick reference for comparing colors and symbols.
- Ignore whitespace, line endings, specific lines, and more: UltraCompare provides a set of robust ignore options so that you can see only the differences that matter to you. Ignore whitespace, blank lines, line endings, lines beginning with a certain string, and much more in text mode. Ignore date and time differences in folder mode – or use your text ignore options in folder mode as well!
- Preview HTML files in the browser: Want to preview your merges and changes before saving an HTML file you’re comparing? Toggle the browser preview to show a browser preview directly in the compare frame and display your HTML files exactly as they would appear in a web browser, instead of just HTML code.
- Compare files from the Internet via URL: Want to compare a local copy of a web page to the live version? UltraCompare will automatically open and compare the text data from a web URL – no download or FTP configuration required!
- Compare files and folders from FTP/SFTP: Pull down and compare files from an FTP server with ease! With support for FTP, SFTP, and FTPS protocols, syncing up local, dev, and live sites has never been easier. Even more, you can share FTP accounts with UltraEdit or UEStudio! Check out our power tip on how to compare FTP folders with UltraCompare.