The perfect companion for your next outdoor adventure. Seek, find, record and return home with Handy GPS. This app is a real navigation tool designed for outdoors sports like hiking, bushwalking, mountain biking, kayaking, and trail riding. It is also well suited to uses like mining, forestry, and archaeology. Its simple to use and works even in the remotest back country since it doesn’t need network connectivity.
- Shows current location in easting/northing (UTM) or in lat/long.
- Shows speed, the direction of travel, and distance traveled in either metric or imperial/US units.
- It can store the current location as a waypoint and can store tracklogs.
- Waypoints and track logs can be imported from and exported to Google Earth KML and GPX files.
- Allows manual entry of waypoints coordinates.
- Can guide you to a waypoint with the “Goto” screen, with optional audible proximity alert.
- Has a magnetic compass page (devices with mag sensors only).
- Computes local magnetic declination and geoid correction at startup using the IGRF-12 and EGM96 models.
- It can display either a simple map of your current location and the stored waypoints or a Google Map.
- Supports the world-wide WGS84 datum along with the Australian datums AGD66, AGD84, GDA94. (You can also use WGS84 for NAD83 maps).
- Shows satellite locations and signal strengths graphically.
- Can display simple 6, 8 or 10 digit grid refs, or MGRS grid refs.
- Waypoint-to-waypoint distance and direction.
- An optional timer to record walk duration and compute average speed.
- Has online help pages.
- Thoroughly tested by developer on many off-track walks.