CleanMyPC is a new cleaning and maintenance utility for Windows from a software developer MacPaw Inc., which has already made a strike with its product CleanMyMac. Includes a suite of cleaning tools for Windows computers.
- Scanning: During a scan, analyzes your hard drive to find files that might be safely removed. They are split into four categories – “Caches & Logs”, “Help Files”, “Extra Languages” and “Trash & Junk”.
- Caches & Logs: While Windows and applications run on your computer they usually store chunks of “prepared” data on the hard drive to expedite load. CleanMyPC can identify those files and let you know which of them are safe to delete.
- Help Files: Most applications (as well as Windows itself) come with help files that contain information about program functionality and workflow. You can safely remove help files for the applications that you already use freely.
- Extra Languages: Some applications also come with built-in language translations (for example Spanish, Russian or German). This only influences interface translations – you can still type text in any language within the app.
- Registry Cleanup: The Windows registry is a database that stores configuration settings and options for Windows itself and for all installed applications. Registry maintenance utility to take care of your registry.